Monday 24 September 2012

Reading Response #3
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Stephen Chbosky
Pages 46-90

This book is just getting better as it goes on. Many great things happened in pages 46-90. It wasn't as exciting as previous pages I've read, but still full of meaningful lessons and events. It's kind of weird how much Charlie and I have in common, I'm constantly finding details in his life that I can relate to. Some of them may not be very meaningful or deep, such as: we both have magnetic poetry, or that we are both taking our driving tests soon; but there are more serious things as well. In the section that I read on Friday, it is the holiday season. One of the main events that takes place is a game of secret Santa that Charlie participates in with his friends. Charlie is his best friend's secret Santa, and the first gift that he gives him is a mixed tape he makes himself. When he is finished,  he says that he had an amazing feeling because in the palm of his hand there was this small thing that had so many memories and feelings and great joy and sadness, and that it was amazing. I love music and making mixes, and I know exactly how he felt.

My favourite character in The Perks of Being a Wallflower is definitely Charlie. He is very smart, looks at everything from a very interesting point of view, and tells really great stories. My least favourite character is Probably Charlie's sister, because she's impatient and a bit mean. I don't know a lot about her yet though.

I like this book more and more every single time I read it. It is so full of feeling, and I just can't get enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment