Tuesday 27 November 2012

Twitter Fiction



(Tweet #1) I sit in a wicker rocking chair in the middle of the field. The water comes down in sheets.

(Tweet #2) I want to get up. Run through the rain like I used to; smiling. A rainbow would be nice.

(Tweet #3) It’s so dark. All I can see is the smoke from burning bails curling up into the air, White on the black horizon.

(Tweet #4) The muck covers my boots, dirt turned to mud from the rain. This farm was never fit for crops. A good place to fly a kite though.

(Tweet #5) I sit there, close my eyes, and let everything go. I feel free.

(Tweet #6) The black above me morphs into something new. The colors of the rainbow stretch across the now blue sky.

(Tweet #7) I’m smiling now; my eyes shining with joy. A bright red kite drifts past me. I take hold.

(Tweet #8) The little red kite pulls me up, higher and higher. I look down at my farm. That’s when I see my body below.
____________________________________________________________________
(Tweet #9) It was cold. He stood there, bare-foot, looking at the dryer. He decided to jump in to a word of fresh, warm sweaters.

(Tweet #10) The snow slowly drifted down and landed on the abandoned streets. The lights reflected off the ice. What a wonderful world.

(Tweet #11) He sat on the sidewalk, playing guitar; His hat on one side and his dog on the other. Somehow, in that moment, life was good.

(Tweet #12) Finnegan stared down at his obese cat, lying on the couch, belly to the sky. “You have it all, don’t you?” He sighed.

(Tweet #13) Champ the cat looked up at his owner. Licking his lips, he thought “You have it all, don’t you?”

(Tweet #14) “One of these days I’m going to do something great” he thought. And so he did.

(Tweet #15) She sat in the tree, way above the busy schedule of the city. This was the only place she could think.

(Tweet #16) He had a bite. He set the hook, and reeled in. He was happy at first because he caught a big one, but sad when the big one ate him.

(Tweet #17) Paul looked at his masterpiece of an omelet. It was perfect; it even had a sprig of rosemary on top. He looked at the clock. Late for work. Again.

 (Tweet #18) The night I was batman was the best night of my life. Hanging upside down, fighting crime, driving the bat-mobile, all that jazz.

(Tweet #19) If I could fly, life would be complete.

(Tweet #20) He looked deep into her eyes, and in that moment, he knew he couldn’t live without her.

(Tweet #21) The look in his eye, the smirk on his face; the way he wears his leather jacket like he is all that matters. My loathing is almost uncontrollable.

(Tweet #22) I’m walking and it’s raining. That smell. That unexplainable sensation of freshness engulfs my whole being. I can do nothing smile and dance

(Tweet #23) She is surrounded by people who care for her more than she could ever know, yet in this moment she feels more alone than ever.

(Tweet #24) The eighty-year old man smelled of prunes and pea soup, just the way he liked it.
____________________________________________________________________
(Tweet #25) The gun felt cold and heavy in his hand. He looked at the stranger behind the cash register who was refusing to “put the money in the bag”

(Tweet #26) “I’m sorry friend” he sighed as he pulled the trigger. He hated his job.

(Tweet #27) He never got used to the sound of a gunshot echoing through the silence, or a limp body hitting the floor. Even in his line of work.
____________________________________________________________________
(Tweet #28) Sam stood there and looked himself in the mirror. He looked like a man, in his suit, with his classy beard and slicked-back hair.

(Tweet #29) Sam was a man, and he was ready to live the rest of his life with his lovely bride.
___________________________________________________________________
(Tweet #30) He looked out on to the beautiful city below him. It made him happy because he realized how amazing life is. He smiled.

(Tweet #31) My first sip of water in three days tastes like the purest thing on earth. It's impossibly good.







No comments:

Post a Comment