Monday 5 November 2012

Writing Reflection #8

Bird by Bird
Anne Lamott
Pages 1-13


After finishing The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I just didn't think I could jump right into another piece of fiction. Instead, I chose to start reading a writing book called Bird by Bird. I've never read a writing book, but I thought I should give it a try; I'm so glad I did!I also thought it would be a good choice to select a book about writing, because our next writing assignment is twitter fiction. Bird by Bird is great so far. There is so much humor, and it makes the book fun and light. It is not just a list of how to write, it is a story of her life as a writer, and tips that could help you in your writing career. 

Something I really like about the book is that the author doesn't glorify her life. At all. She speaks the truth about being a writer, and the hardships it includes. She talks about the things she loves about writing too, but she doesn't try to convince you that it's for everyone. 

I'm not very far into the book yet, but I can already tell It's going to be good. I can't wait to read more!

1 comment:

  1. "After finishing The Perks of Being a Wallflower, I just didn't think I could jump right into another piece of fiction"

    - Interesting comment! Why was this so?

    ReplyDelete