Monday 29 October 2012

Weekly Reflection #7

The Perks of Being a wallflower 
Stephen Chbosky
Pages 120-213 (The End)


The Perks of Being a Wallflower was an incredible book. It made me laugh so much, and in some parts almost cry. It's one of those books that you want never to end, and when it's over you feel hollow. I would've finished the book in one night, but I restrained from reading at home, and when in class I read very slowly and just took everything in. I'm glad I did. I finished two weeks ago, and the day after I finished it I saw the movie. The movie was a really good movie, but was nowhere near as good as the book. The Perks of Being a Wallflower was so full of feeling, and the characters were so real. 

The ending of the book was so great, yet so disappointing. One of my favorite details is that you find out who Charlie has been writing to, and it is someone he doesn't know. I think that that was a perfect touch, because it could really be anyone; even the reader. 
The fact that aunt Helen was bad all along, and was the reason Charlie was in the hospital and had issues, was a great twist. I really liked how it wasn't obvious, and wasn't a reoccurring subject in the end. I didn't even realize it before I saw the movie, but after I re-read the end and everything made sense. I can't believe I didn't catch that!

The Perks of Being a Wallflower is now my second favorite book ever, and I will probably read it again. Thanks Ms. McLauchlan for recommending it to me!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed! I too saw the movie, and was crying like a baby by the end!

    You said Perks was you second favorite book, what is your first? Why?

    ReplyDelete