Friday 25 January 2013

Final Thoughts on the Course

My favorite assignment this semester was definitely the bucket list project. I liked the freedom that it allowed and it was a really unique and interesting experience. I also really liked watching The Buried Life.

My least favorite assignment was probably twitter fiction. I didn't dislike it, I just felt really rushed to get it all done, and maybe would've liked to write a short story instead of another micro-form.

I loved Friday reading. I have a very busy life (which I hate) and Friday reading gave me time to just relax and read a good book, which otherwise I simply would not have had time for.

I didn't mind written reflections on Mondays. It was a good way to reflect on what I had done the week before, and a nice way to start the week. Sometimes I found myself falling behind on completing them, but they all got done in the end.

I liked blogging a lot. It is a great method of putting your work out into the world, and I'm really glad I got to learn more about the technology through this class.

I really enjoyed using Twitter for work. I had a twitter account before, but wasn't entirely sure how to use it. Through using it through this course, I learned a lot more about it and how to use it to it's full potential. I am now using my personal account a lot more!

This course was a lot different than I expected. I thought it would be more pencil-to-paper writing, but it was a pleasant surprise to use so much technology. I learned how to use it in a professional fashion, and I learned how useful  social media can be to get your work out into the world. I'm glad I am now a creator of internet content instead of a consumer.

I learned so much about myself through this course. How it takes me awhile to get started but once I do I have lot's of good ideas, what my technological footprint looks like, and especially how hard it is for me to write micro-forms.

Advice for future CW students: Keep your blog up to date!

Thanks Ms. Mclauchlan for making the first period of the first semester of my grade 10 year a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment